Tired of putting your viewers to sleep with flat, boring screencasts? It’s time to change that by bringing the screen to life with 3d animated windows. I mean, who can resist windows that whiz out of the desktop and then get blown away? Well, today’s the day when all of our rotoscoping and pre-comping work pays off. We’re finally going to fly that window right off the desktop and straight at the audience. Put that in your pipe and smoke on it all you boring 2d screencasters! Enough chit chat. It’s time to get some learnin’ on!
If you’d like to use the assets in this tutorial and view a completed After Effects sample project you can download the files here.
3d Screencasting Episodes
- Episode I – It Ain’t Your Daddy’s Screencasting
- Episode II – Rotoscope Our Problems Away
- Episode III – Building a Screenshot / Screen Video Sandwich
- Episode IV – The Magic of Inverted Masks
- Episode V – Killer Animated Windows
- Episode VI – Ultra Cool Shadows & Motion Blur